Extremely poor internet speed from N3V

nugget2225

I haven't used trainz much the past few months, because when i go into trainz 22, loading icons just spin, and the routes at the bottom never show up.
I went as far as wiping my pc and trying to re download Trainz 22, and it says 6 hours at 450kbps to download. I was also reinstalling MSFS, And downloaded 140GB in 65 min on a 5gbps Fiber line, and I have a 10GB Ethernet adapter in my PC.
I have been trying to use the service i am not getting. I am in Florida, Not that it should make much Difference. I am also paying for Trainz Plus each month. I am close to throwing in towel after after 15 years with trainz.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a 100Mb/sec cable connection to the Internet and, from memory (it was a few months ago), the download of TRS22PE took about 40 minutes. I very (very) rarely see the spinning loading icon when starting up Trainz.

Software installation and DLC downloads are sent out from N3Vs Amazon servers at N3V's maximum allowed speed and I am a lot further away from their servers than you are in Florida. The first things I would check would be the usual suspects when it comes to troubleshooting downloads of all types:-
  1. have you excluded TRS22.exe, TRS19.exe, etc from real time scans by your AV software?
  2. are you using a VPN? - some are known to slow down or even block downloads. If you are using a VPN then disable it.

Last edited:
Where I live I basically have one choice for internet service. I'm lucky to have 250 kb/sec. So I own TRS19 but waiting 11 hours hoping there's no problems keeps me from downloading it. So for everyone that isn't able to download any of this stuff or has problems I feel your pain.

At home I have a fiber connection that gives me 450/40 Mbps and I can download Tane, TS19 or TS22 in about an hour or less... in South America.
It's strange, of course the speed of the DS is another matter.

I should apologize for being so rude, I was just extremely frustrated, Not being able to download Trainz. It seems to be working now. It took only 3 minutes to download.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Solar Flare yesterday took out ATT and Verizon Comms so that may explain why everyone is having trouble downloading stuff on the internet!

Well the download speed in Germany this wk was dismal to say the least. At points down to single digits kb/s… frustrating to say the least when trying to install the game and files on a new pc with all the antivirus off.

In many states, this week is a school holiday due to President's Day being on Monday and most kiddies having the rest of the week off. Some states, such as New Hampshire for instance, have the following week off instead but most have this week as the holiday week.

Given that nearly every kid in the country is playing Minecraft or some other online game, it's a possibility that the local internet, not the servers, is busy with traffic. It doesn't help either that many adults work from home during the school vacations, making the internet traffic worse while the roads are completely empty. I noticed that today when driving my dad to some appointments. The streets and the highways were devoid of vehicular traffic, making for a pleasant trip to and from the offices.

Download speeds are a function of many different variables - solar flares being just one.

A major variable is the path taken by the data packets between the servers and your home. Each path can have different speed limits and not all the packets will take the same path. They will be routed according to traffic levels and other factors that can change from microsecond to microsecond. Some packets will be "lost" (solar storms, eaten by data goblins, etc) and will have to be resent. The fact that it works at all is a source of amazement to me.

As per AT&T, they were updating equipment and software when something unforeseen happened which caused the outage. That being said, I highly doubt that the slowness some people are experiencing has anything to do with the AT&T's issue unless you are an AT&T customer. John and Peter both make valid points although it is more likely Palworld is flooding the Internet than Minecraft. You should check it out, John.

Interesting... My bro was playing that and now can't connect to their servers due to being overloaded. This is the replacement for Minecraft, at least for now.

I can confirm: The national news said that a software update by AT&T interrupted their cellular service but not landlines. As few of us connect to the Internet via the cellular network, this is unlikely to be relevant. As for myself, I have not noticed any slowdown at all, as the low speeds I`ve seen reported elsewhere are slightly above what I get from the DLS anyway.

I am still getting slowdown's , But it's much better than yesterday, as in Thursday for me. I am still frustrated when i go into Trainz, And it doesn't show the routes at the bottom. I just get a big spinning circle in the middle of the screen.
I know it's not my hardware. Surprisingly this is the first time since 2004 that i can actually say I have had a problem. I Will not mention Politics again. I apologize. I love all of you all over the world, No matter where you are.

I am still getting slowdown's , But it's much better than yesterday, as in Thursday for me. I am still frustrated when i go into Trainz, And it doesn't show the routes at the bottom. I just get a big spinning circle in the middle of the screen.
I know it's not my hardware. Surprisingly this is the first time since 2004 that i can actually say I have had a problem. I Will not mention Politics again. I apologize. I love all of you all over the world, No matter where you are.
It's definitely not your hardware. I had awful connection issues early today but now it's fine leading me to confirm it's an overall bandwidth issue with the kids home from school playing video games all day. I can also confirm that they are home playing video games because every kid in my neighborhood is missing. In the olden days, we would be outside doing stuff even in cold weather but that's not how it is today.

I can confirm that in Germany the kids are not missing (yet😁) and all other downloads were at top speed. Only trainz were slower than steam trains. Always have my golden ticket so this is the first time I’m experiencing this download issue. It’s also not the cosmos and AT&T is not this side of pond. So something must be amiss on Trainz side for some of us.

It's definitely not your hardware. I had awful connection issues early today but now it's fine leading me to confirm it's an overall bandwidth issue with the kids home from school playing video games all day. I can also confirm that they are home playing video games because every kid in my neighborhood is missing. In the olden days, we would be outside doing stuff even in cold weather but that's not how it is today.
Ahhh, short trousers (impatient for 11yrs old), marbles, conkers and cuff from local cop:). Then off to watch and take number of troop trains etc..."got any gum chum"

Back