UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

We have discussed splitting it into sections releasing them, but I honestly don't know until we have something we can release. It might be that we get Bath-Midford done and decide to release that, or it might be that we want to continue and release it all as one large route. We could also do bigger individual chunks, say Bath-Radstock, Radstock-Evercreech etc. It's something we're thinking of but at the moment the focus is on building it!

To give an idea of scale, it is similar in length to the Settle and Carlisle (S&D vs. S&C!). That being said, this is full HD terrain and is going to be rather large - I don't know if it will be within the DLS 512mb limit so it may be that we find we have to host it on a 3rd part site unless N3V remove that cap and increase it but I doubt we will see that happening any time soon. It's a shame really as with the introduction of HD terrain it limits the size of the routes that can be uploaded.

Cheers,

PLP
jatws.org can probably find a bit of room.

PM me for an email address.

Thanks John

We have discussed splitting it into sections releasing them, but I honestly don't know until we have something we can release. It might be that we get Bath-Midford done and decide to release that, or it might be that we want to continue and release it all as one large route. We could also do bigger individual chunks, say Bath-Radstock, Radstock-Evercreech etc. It's something we're thinking of but at the moment the focus is on building it!

To give an idea of scale, it is similar in length to the Settle and Carlisle (S&D vs. S&C!). That being said, this is full HD terrain and is going to be rather large - I don't know if it will be within the DLS 512mb limit so it may be that we find we have to host it on a 3rd part site unless N3V remove that cap and increase it but I doubt we will see that happening any time soon. It's a shame really as with the introduction of HD terrain it limits the size of the routes that can be uploaded.

Cheers,

PLP
I’d recommend if the files too big for the DLS you should put it on Google drive, that way It’s easy simple, you can post the link everywhere and no one has to deal with the hassle of hosting, alternatively you could message N3V and see if they’ll make an exception of the file size limit for your route!

I’d recommend if the files too big for the DLS you should put it on Google drive, that way It’s easy simple, you can post the link everywhere and no one has to deal with the hassle of hosting, alternatively you could message N3V and see if they’ll make an exception of the file size limit for your route!
Yea I use GD and it's easy as hell upload the route make the link public and boom anyone can access it

BR 4MT 75051 drifts down light engine over the viaduct towards Bath, headed for the sheds. The eagle eyed may have noticed a pipe running the length of the bridge - Devonshire tunnel at the top of the bank was very wet as it was on top of a natural spring, so rather than let the water go to waste the SDJR, when building the tunnel, installed a pipe the entire length from the tunnel down to the sheds where the spring water could be treated for use in the locos. It certainly saved on the water bill!

l2qgNno.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Yes but then you get into allowing all sorts of permissions etc. Dropbox does make money on their service.

Cheerio John
Those things can be sorted rather easily though, takes 2 mins to set up permissions if that, using Google drive or Dropbox would mean links are easy, likewise with dedicated websites, if someone falls ill, dies suddenly etc. the link may be lost, companies like Google and Dropbox are going to be very stable platforms, they’ll also offer better downloading speeds due to their array of data centres. Dedicated websites are very good as directory’s To where to download things from, but for actual storage of the route, farrr better to use Google, Dropbox, Amazon or Microsoft, who offer the best services, best download speeds, and is what the majority of us are now using for our projects. Especially route ones, the projects I’m involved with, we use Microsoft as it allows us to access folders without having to download them, thanks to the cloud. Cannot recommend using Microsoft cloud services enough for route building, when everyone involved has access to the folders, there’s no need to nag for files etc. same goes for hosting the final product.

Last edited:
A new signal gantry for Bath Green Park, courtesy of @chrisaw - thank you very much! Signalling is coming along nicely:

44jwN3o.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP
Looking great Parker! That signal gantry sure is something - as expected of our signal extraordinaire Chrisaw! The rate at which you are laying track is incredible too! I'm extremely excited to see the progress you've accomplished - keep up the good work, friend!
A little something from my own project - pretty major update coming soon!

ms9dbZI.jpeg

RWNSIMb.jpeg

Those things can be sorted rather easily though, takes 2 mins to set up permissions if that, using Google drive or Dropbox would mean links are easy, likewise with dedicated websites, if someone falls ill, dies suddenly etc. the link may be lost, companies like Google and Dropbox are going to be very stable platforms, they’ll also offer better downloading speeds due to their array of data centres. Dedicated websites are very good as directory’s To where to download things from, but for actual storage of the route, farrr better to use Google, Dropbox, Amazon or Microsoft, who offer the best services, best download speeds, and is what the majority of us are now using for our projects. Especially route ones, the projects I’m involved with, we use Microsoft as it allows us to access folders without having to download them, thanks to the cloud. Cannot recommend using Microsoft cloud services enough for route building, when everyone involved has access to the folders, there’s no need to nag for files etc. same goes for hosting the final product.
Yep. For my content, I have (so far, but hopefully at some point I get them all switched) them either on Dropbox or Google Drive links instead of having direct downloads like in the past.

Back