Stable long term version?

johnwhelan

Some software designates some versions as stable long term versions. Does N3V do this?

The problem comes when building a route and the latest update screws something major up.

Or is the solution to only use TANE or TS19 for route building?

Thanks John

I am one who has given up taking my route to trs22 and staying with trs19 where just about everything works.
It is in my nature not to give up but weeks of frustration have shown me the light.

Some software designates some versions as stable long term versions. Does N3V do this?

The problem comes when building a route and the latest update screws something major up.

Or is the solution to only use TANE or TS19 for route building?

Thanks John
It was like that in the old days but I'm not so sure any more given how quickly updates are made and the product moving along so quickly.

If you are lucky enough to have an original off-line 117118 Retail installer for TRS22 use that or if you really must, accept the updates offered up to 119451 and never never never accept an 'update' after that. Certainly never accept an update that starts with 12. TRS22 has become the land of the broken scripts, half finished wild ideas and lost dependencies with much of what was once free now packaged or payware and inaccessible in DLC packages.
I have no idea how route builders cope with TRS22 with everything constantly shifting under their feet and their work getting broken with every 'update'.

Stick with either TANE or TS19 since they seem to be about the closest thing we have to the 'stable long term versions' that John has mentioned. At least you should be safe since they aren't being 'updated' anymore.

The land where dreams meet the buffers. Or spinning plates meet gravity. I suppose managing the evolution of an increasingly complicated simulation is not without its challenges. My humble route has certainly required a fair bit of teeth gritting as it's morphed from cartoon to a nascent approximation reality. I put the setbacks down to stubbing our toes on rocks as we walk the winding path to that virtual promised land where everything is crisply real and one can feel the breeze in one's hair, and smell the smoke and crunch the ballast under one's feet in real time. Have patience brothers; one day we'll look back on this and laugh. Meantime... play it safe.

Last edited:
I keep it real simple here
Do all my work in TRS19 100240 (the one before any service pack) it is build 4.6
is very stable, has Undo and Grid buttons in the top screen bar
has the spline circles and rulers I need, has a consist GUI, scripts work, alias works,
in surveyor cars drive when I place roads, so can see if they work.
Everything I do there "should" work in any version higher up to now

On the other hand I always (just)test the newest version.
Would be cool if N3v would just take a few months to actually finish
all great introduced ideas: PhysX, TNI, S2, HD, TLR

Use a version that works for you, often that means not the newest
enjoy Trainz greetings GM

TRS22 Build 119451 is where I have parked my Trainz butt. Until all the crap is sorted, I will not move. My main gripe is the loss of the the most important function of the minimap function in driver. Cannot zoom into complex yard layouts to change point /lever s. N3V will have lost a lot of goodwill because in their efforts to show of their whizz bang new ideas, they have forgotten about the basics.

Greetings,

Is it possible to select which update(s) to install or does just the latest update get installed? This is for Trainz+

Please let me know.

Thanks

Fred Bray

Greetings,

Is it possible to select which update(s) to install or does just the latest update get installed? This is for Trainz+

Please let me know.

Thanks

Fred Bray
The latest update gets installed Fred. If you are unsure about it backup your Trainz install before applying any update patch that's offered. That's the only way you can recover from a banjaxed update patch

The only time you can get a chance to put the brakes on at the update you want is if you have one of the original Retail off-line installers from when TRS22 was first released.

Back