UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

mick1960, thank you(y)

Greetings
Epo:)

MV_Great Western Railway Toddington signal box 01 HT
<kuid:206616:100640>

Great Western Railway Toddington signal box without station sign
2048*2048 texture maps
Polygons Lod0 32,941 Lod1 4,484 Lod2 464"
description-de "Great Western Railway Toddington Stellwerk ohne Stationsschild
2048*2048 Texture Maps
Polygone Lod0 32.941 Lod1 4.484 Lod2 464

16178-mv-great-western-railway-toddington-signal-box-01-ht

BR 5MT 73082 Camelot exits Combe Down tunnel on the descent towards Bath. The climb is over; from here to Bath Junction it is downhill at 1:50 and the crew are no doubt relieved to be out in the fresh air again - though not for long as Devonshire tunnel is just around the curve. In the second shot, note the ex-LMS 12 wheel dining saloon. This is over the delightfully named Watery Bottom viaduct.
tWn9Oh7.jpeg

yNr38Og.jpeg

We then see the 5MT enter Bath Green Park - Bath had two platforms, the North was the 'Arrival' and the South 'Departure'. The North platform could accommodate 8 bogie coaches and the South 9, which while fine for local trains left longer trains such as the Pines Express dangling off the platform end and across the bridge, as seen below. The Pines could be as long as 12 or 13 coaches so the overhang could be substantial!

Ixu3ocF.jpeg

YhT11LZ.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

WIP: Great Western Railway Yard Oil Lamp
Nice work Mick. The GWR would have painted the ladder and the safety railings the same pale stone colour that you've used on the lamp's support pillar. The platform, the lamp body and its framing would have been painted black, but be cautious about using rust effects because the GWR was fussy about keeping its equipment and infrastructure in good condition. The top of the lamp body was made of copper so it wouldn't be showing any signs of rust. It was only during the BR era after WW2 that maintenance began to be neglected.

lbbCDy2.jpg

Last edited:
BR 5MT 73082 Camelot exits Combe Down tunnel on the descent towards Bath. The climb is over; from here to Bath Junction it is downhill at 1:50 and the crew are no doubt relieved to be out in the fresh air again - though not for long as Devonshire tunnel is just around the curve. In the second shot, note the ex-LMS 12 wheel dining saloon. This is over the delightfully named Watery Bottom viaduct.
tWn9Oh7.jpeg

yNr38Og.jpeg

We then see the 5MT enter Bath Green Park - Bath had two platforms, the North was the 'Arrival' and the South 'Departure'. The North platform could accommodate 8 bogie coaches and the South 9, which while fine for local trains left longer trains such as the Pines Express dangling off the platform end and across the bridge, as seen below. The Pines could be as long as 12 or 13 coaches so the overhang could be substantial!

Ixu3ocF.jpeg

YhT11LZ.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP
that is awesome 😍

I'm guessing the BR 5MT is a WIP atm ?

that is awesome 😍

I'm guessing the BR 5MT is a WIP atm ?
Thank you, it's coming along - the track now extends to about a third of the way between Wellow and Radstock so about 8 miles in total so far.

The 5MT isn't mine, but I was kindly sent a copy by the author when they saw I was doing the S&D. I would like to see it finished but it's really up to the author to decide on what they want to do with it. It's a lovely loco though, it certainly looks the part at the head of a train on the Mendips!

Cheers,

PLP

Thank you, it's coming along - the track now extends to about a third of the way between Wellow and Radstock so about 8 miles in total so far.
Stweet'ness looking forward to it though my PC will properly blow up. 😂

Can I ask for lower end PC users would you be considering splitting some section up so it make it easier for us to run ?

The 5MT isn't mine, but I was kindly sent a copy by the author when they saw I was doing the S&D. I would like to see it finished but it's really up to the author to decide on what they want to do with it. It's a lovely loco though, it certainly looks the part at the head of a train on the Mendips!
I see, hope they will release it one day as it would be nice as the 5MT and the Clan are really the only BR standard left to be added.

But all in all good work m8 keep it up. 👍

We have discussed splitting it into sections releasing them, but I honestly don't know until we have something we can release. It might be that we get Bath-Midford done and decide to release that, or it might be that we want to continue and release it all as one large route. We could also do bigger individual chunks, say Bath-Radstock, Radstock-Evercreech etc. It's something we're thinking of but at the moment the focus is on building it!

To give an idea of scale, it is similar in length to the Settle and Carlisle (S&D vs. S&C!). That being said, this is full HD terrain and is going to be rather large - I don't know if it will be within the DLS 512mb limit so it may be that we find we have to host it on a 3rd part site unless N3V remove that cap and increase it but I doubt we will see that happening any time soon. It's a shame really as with the introduction of HD terrain it limits the size of the routes that can be uploaded.

Cheers,

PLP

WIP: Great Western Railway Yard Oil Lamp

Can anyone help me? How do you create a light effect on the ground. What kind of material I should use.

Like this?

16183-wip-great-western-railway-yard-oil-lamp
That is starting to look very good indeed Mick. The two shades of GWR 'stone' colours, - light stone and dark stone, - were often interchanged and varied so sometimes the lighter colour was the main colour used and sometimes the darker colour. Either way both are correct. The platform where the lampman would stand while attending to the lamp was usually painted black since a lighter colour wouldn't last long with his boots all over it.

I'm sorry I don't know how to do the light effect on the ground, but someone here should be able to tell you.

Stweet'ness looking forward to it though my PC will properly blow up. 😂

Can I ask for lower end PC users would you be considering splitting some section up so it make it easier for us to run ?

I see, hope they will release it one day as it would be nice as the 5MT and the Clan are really the only BR standard left to be added.

But all in all good work m8 keep it up. 👍
I'm only aware of the three 4MT on the DLS, and the older Brittania and 9F with the S&C pack of course. I know there's also a Std 5 on a freeware website somewhere, but any clues as to where to find all the others (especially a 3MT tank and the 8P) would be much appreciated.

Back