UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

WIP: Great Western Railway Toddington signal box
Changed to terracotta...

16168-wip-great-western-railway-toddington-signal-box

Welcome to Bath Green Park... the beginning of a mammoth project to get the entire Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway into Trainz to a high quality, utilising HD terrain to ensure fine detailing. A joint collaboration between myself and 2995valliant, I must start by saying thank you to him for producing the DEM and related basemaps. It wasn't the most straightforward of processes but he's done a phenomenal job in producing it - I'm very much looking forward to us getting this off the ground!

These shots show, in order, an overview of Bath Green Park as it currently stands, before a full shot of the DEM is shown from North of Bath down to Bournemouth West. The final shot shows the local area around Bath for a sense of scale - the station is in the centre, though barely discernible. It is obviously going to be a long project, so no release is imminent any time soon but 2995valliant and I will no doubt post the odd progress shot as we go along.

The current goal is to model the mainline from Bath to Bournemouth West, though we have included a wider area to enable us to develop other routes that link in if we decide we want to do so once the main part is complete. This includes the branches to Highbridge and Burnham, the Avon Valley Railway and the East Somerset Railway. Ambitious, yes, but not impossible.

zbG32jK.jpeg

8HyMcjB.png

frzUUzP.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Welcome to Bath Green Park... the beginning of a mammoth project to get the entire Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway into Trainz to a high quality, utilising HD terrain to ensure fine detailing. A joint collaboration between myself and 2995valliant, I must start by saying thank you to him for producing the DEM and related basemaps. It wasn't the most straightforward of processes but he's done a phenomenal job in producing it - I'm very much looking forward to us getting this off the ground!

These shots show, in order, an overview of Bath Green Park as it currently stands, before a full shot of the DEM is shown from Norh of Bath down to Bournemouth West. The final shot shows the local area around Bath for a sense of scale - the station is in the centre, though barely discernible. It is obviously going to be a long project, so no release is imminent any time soon but 2995valliant and I will no doubt post the odd progress shot as we go along.

The current goal is to model the mainline from Bath to Bournemouth West, though we have included a wider area to enable us to develop other routes that link in if we decide we want to do so once the main part is complete. This includes the branches to Highbridge and Burnham, the Avon Valley Railway and the East Somerset Railway. Ambitious, yes, but not impossible.

zbG32jK.jpeg

8HyMcjB.png

frzUUzP.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP
Parker, if I can take on the insane idea of modelling the entire Southern Region of BR, NOTHING is impossible. I'll be cheering you on the entire time and let me know if you need any help with the project at all.

I'm extremely excited to see this take form. I have no doubt that it is going to be one of the most incredible UK Routes that Trainz has ever seen! I'll get to work with Barney fleshing out whatever missing locos you're going to need to fill the local SDJR roster. Never a better time for some new Midland Region locos!! ;)

Thanks Tanker, I've been contemplating this for a while and when I discussed it with 2995valliant and we realised it was possible, I jumped at the chance.

That's kind of you to offer, thank you. I have a list as long as my arm of rolling stock that either doesn't exist or needs updating, but as a starting point if you want to get those Bulleid pacifics done I won't stop you...

Cheers,

PLP

The S&DJR looks like a mega project. I look forward at sometime in the future to downloading this layout.

Good luck to both PLP and 2995Valliant with this project.

Rob.

Thanks Tanker, I've been contemplating this for a while and when I discussed it with 2995valliant and we realised it was possible, I jumped at the chance.

That's kind of you to offer, thank you. I have a list as long as my arm of rolling stock that either doesn't exist or needs updating, but as a starting point if you want to get those Bulleid pacifics done I won't stop you...

Cheers,

PLP
Oh those are already WELL on their way. It's impossible to stop them at this point.:ROFLMAO:

Although if you find yourself needing a new SDJR 7F... You know where to find me. ;)

Hi Tanker,

I've reached out to Barney about a couple of things, but we already have a very nice, as yet unreleased 7F from another member of the community that needs finishing off. While there are some on the DLS, they are too oversized so they aren't suitable. I'm sure that as the route progresses though we'll see more rolling stock come to fruition!

Having laid most of the trackwork on the North side of the railway, including the majority of the gas works complex, I decided to run a quick train last night. Even though the terrain is all DEM texture, it's still an impressive sight with the hills in the background. Here BR Class 4 75073 waits to depart Bath Green Park with a local service, formed of a crimson and cream Maunsell 3 set with a Midland strengthening coach on the rear. Note the classic S&D headcode:
QvFsgkI.jpeg

fPUtNL0.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

MV_Great Western Railway Toddington signal box HT
<kuid:206616:100639>

Great Western Railway Toddington signal box
2048*2048 texture maps
Polygons Lod0 33,015 Lod1 4,484 Lod2 464

Great Western Railway Toddington Stellwerk
2048*2048 Texture Maps
Polygone Lod0 33.015 Lod1 4.484 Lod2 464