Coal production & Delivery Issues

boleyd

I have tried 3 different coal mines and three different coal hoppers. None work. Cars not loaded, every other car loaded or, train drives through with no visible attempt to load or train does not move.. The mine tipples are full as per the spec sheet. Can anyone recommend a working coal mine and coal car combination that works. This stuff used to work well until N3V decided to improve the product.

I have tried 3 different coal mines and three different coal hoppers. None work. Cars not loaded, every other car loaded or, train drives through with no visible attempt to load or train does not move.. The mine tipples are full as per the spec sheet. Can anyone recommend a working coal mine and coal car combination that works. This stuff used to work well until N3V decided to improve the product.
I confirm also it is working currently in my Southern China route, Coal Tipple TRS New 1 this is the name of the asset exactly. Also make a check if your wagons are suitable, classic surveyor use the question mark icon, surveyor 2.0 go to edit details of the current wagon, if the wagon has the indication of coal product with the combination of this coal mine it will work just fine, also the coal mines that are in C&O Hinton Division route work too.

Last edited:
Just a second thought - are you driving manually (ie yourself or setting the commands) or trying TLR?
the latter can be very picky about industries, direction of travel.
also, check you mine has plenty coal,

Place a10mph restriction before the mine (or any industry) I also find they will run through without it in trs22.

Ok, I will try these. The coal issues have been around forever. With coal as a major rail commodity it should work perfectly in all circumstances. It is one of the first things many new customers try. If it does not work they may just set the program aside and move on.. - lost revenue.

It is a great entertainment program thanks to a set of customers who offer support in lieu of N3V.

Ok, I will try these. The coal issues have been around forever. With coal as a major rail commodity it should work perfectly in all circumstances. It is one of the first things many new customers try. If it does not work they may just set the program aside and move on.. - lost revenue.

It is a great entertainment program thanks to a set of customers who offer support in lieu of N3V.
Power of the forum!

Check out the info from PW3R in the TLR forum about bugs:x

Correct, the industry assets in question will need new script support for this to function. As a temporary measure for the early versions, we've "hard coded" this behaviour for a few builtin assets (Coal Mine Basic, Lumber Mill Basic and Oil Refinery Basic) but the preference is to add the support into the assets themselves. As the feature is new it will probably take a while for DLS assets to be updated by their creators.

All single track industries should function fine, as there's no ambiguity about where to deliver the product, but unfortunately (as the behaviour is implemented in script) the Living Railroad code has no way to determine where to send the cars.

The good news is that it's relatively simple to support. For scripters, have a look in Industry.gs, where you will find a new variant of AppendDriverDestinations() with a few new parameters, and/or check out the new function on the wiki: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki

unfortunately, the industry.gs updating is scripted and I‘M not following how to update…
Colin

@WestSideRailways, I understand that N3V has taken pains to ensure that the built-in and packaged assets that they deliver with the new Living Railroad system do work with the new system. It`s the foreign assets that are having issues. On the basis of avoiding these issues, you chose well. Other people are having these problems because the assets that they have chosen for other reasons were "broken" by the changes and not yet repaired.

Agreed. I never claimed that they had taken adequate care with all of them. With so few employees, it would be more surprising if none at all were broken. All I meant was that they had put forth some non-zero amount of effort. Did they take pains? Yes. Did they take pains sufficient to ensure that all such assets worked correctly? Unfortunately, no. A greater percentage of the built-in and packaged assets work than that of assets from other sources.

I can see turntables having issues, but the only issue I can think of that could possibly affect tunnels is camera placement. What problems are you experiences with them?

don't see why turntables would be an issue....
A few years back there was a user, forgot what his names was..... had made an external program that you could make a session and upload to Trainz, forgot which version.... and that program could calculate the location of the turntable and then you could tell it to turn to a track load a loco and turn the table...etc....

As to Tunnels, the way I think they should work is..... you put one end down where you want it and then stretch the spline to the other end.
so far have just found 1 which does this.... all the others are just fake tunnels as far as I can see.. If I am wrong please tell me which ones do work.

don't see why turntables would be an issue....
Turntables are scripted, and many of the issues seem to have connections with scripting.

I haven`t done much with tunnels, and nothing at all for what is probably close to a decade, so I don`t understand the issue. I`ve been too busy with other things to have much time to, ahem, lay track lately. (I know, my name is MasterTracklayer, but that`s just a name. I`m more of a master scripter.)

Ah, yeah. On October 16 of 2007, I went online and registered my copy of Trainz2004, which I bought on CD in a store. Some unknown time later, I bought the Trainz 2009/2010 twin-pack, also on CD. I don`t remember when. When I installed it, though, I believe that I had somehow lost the original install. After losing that installation to some sort of failure, I went without Trainz for a long time. Last December, N3V started sending me e-mails about some sails they were having. The first several expired before I even knew that they had arrived. Having recently been gifted a somewhat recent-ish (well, compared to what I had been using, anyway) second-hand Windows laptop, when I finally caught a sale offer that had not expired, I decided to splurge on a Christmas gift for myself. This makes two extended breaks from the game for me. It took me a while to start remembering my scripting skills, and I`m still refamiliarizing myself with all the "easy" stuff that I had forgotten, but the "impossible" stuff came back at warp speed, and I`ve got a few ideas I`m working on, mostly trying to revive an ancient unfinished project from Way Back When, but with a few modern twists.

Tunnels have always been an issue and the HD terrain makes matters worse. The issue with HD Terrain has to do with the dig hole asset being bigger than the terrain that has finer resolution. This causes weird things to happen to sum it all up.

Turntables have had issues off and on and mostly likely the scripting issues now are related to the updates done to TRS22 and up. SP2 put in some strong error-checking that clamped down on many scripted assets causing many of them to fail. The issue was the scripts, while working most of the time, caused other issues including crashes. What was once warnings became errors that now affect signals, turntables and other assets.

I suggest using Mr.den's Coal Loader 40, <kuid:141417:1071> track. Set your train speed to 5mph or use MSGSappers 3mph speed limit sign. This works with my coal hoppers. At least it does in TRS2019.

Hi WestSideRailways

A few years back there was a user, forgot what his names was..... had made an external program that you could make a session and upload to Trainz, forgot which version.... and that program could calculate the location of the turntable and then you could tell it to turn to a track load a loco and turn the table...etc....

I believe that you may be thinking of SCS2013 by "Thakalane" which was a great external program for use with TRS2012. I still have it installed on my computer and use it with TRS2012 from time to time just to keep my hand in. There was an earlier version called SCS2006 which was on the DLS. Unfortunately the constant changes to the more recent versions have broken it.

It was a great program and I was able to create very realistic sessions with it. Its strong point was a very good selection of variables which were really useful for automating sessions. Even now 12 years on many of its commands have still to be replicated in current driver commands.

Regards

Brian

Back