UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

WIP: Great Western Railway Gogarth Station

Okay, here is the result:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gogarth railway station served a sparsely populated area on the north shore of the Dyfi estuary in the Welsh county of Merionethshire.

History

Opened by the Great Western Railway on 9 July 1923 and originally named Gogarth Halt, it had a short wooden platform with no shelter.
The station passed on to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
Renamed Gogarth on 6 May 1968, services were suspended from 14 May 1984 due to the deteriorating structural condition of the platform and cost of repairs needed.
The station was officially closed by the British Railways Board on 30 September 1985.

The site today

Trains on the Cambrian Line pass the site of the former halt but there is no trace of its existence. Only the access path leading from a lay-by on the A493 road exists.

16152-wip-great-westerb-railway-gogarth-station

Gogarth railway station served a sparsely populated area on the north shore of the Dyfi estuary in the Welsh county of Merionethshire.
Interesting, - I could see that the platform was of GWR design, - but the shelter wasn't the usual GWR corrugated iron pagoda.

WIP: Great Western Railway Toddington signal box
I will do two versions, one without sign...

16163-wip-toddington-signal-box
I see your still going with the interior idea, brilliant : D

To be fair it was about time we had signal boxes with interior. We do need a lot of signal boxes to be updated. As some/well most were from the previous era of Trainz where standards were lower.

But yea keep up the good work Mick. 👍

Not bad, but I do need to ask: where did that BR Black 9400 come from? I can’t find one on the DLS

It looks like Skipper1945's model but I think it's been reskinned as Skipper has only produced a GWR version.

<kuid2:116296:94094:4> GWR 94xx class - on the DLS, though showing as 'Packaged' in build 123794.

Cheers,

PLP

R.B Longridge & Co. 0-6-0 built at Bedlington Ironworks circa the late 1840s, but shown here in a later condition. An old favourite of mine. Scruffy council bin men claiming to be drivers are banned from the footplate.
The Shrewsbury & Chester Railway owned a Longridge 2-4-0 tender engine of a very similar appearance that became GWR No.5 so that's all the encouragement I needed to run my one on my Minehead branch.

dLVI21u.jpg

Back