AI behavior

My question is N3V even aware of the AI issues introduced with build 123794? If they are, they certainly have made no acknowledgement of the fact.

'i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that perhaps the developers are not aware of this issue due to it not being reported.
your 100% right! i was thinking the same thing myself. even the first response towards my Ai problem here was "No problem here" . i feel like its a mixture of users not using that much Ai in their sessions, or just driving solo or just playing prebuilt sessions. so they probably never get the chance to see Ai doing ridiculous stuff to report it.

I submitted a bug report just now describing as best as I could the issues I am experiencing with AI and track marks. Trains not being able to see the track marks ahead if they are trailing another train. Trains stopping unexpectedly, and in many cases reversing direction. This happens even if you use the "Drive through" commands instead of the "navigate through" commands.

It would probably be a good idea if more people experiencing these problems with build 123794 reported it in the bug report. In my case these issues were not present in build 123315 so it's an issue with build 123794.

Good job! As for myself, I`ve got Trainz22PE 123801 and am mostly into scripting at this time, so all I know about it is what I`ve read in the forums.

Expiriencing the same since last update. e. g. there`s a track "loaded" with 4 trains heading to an industry at the beginning of the session. All 4 trains stay in front of a signal within their own blocks. Starting the session, the very first train startes operating while all other trains behind say "no path" and shut sown their duties. Only if the track is completely free, I can restart the train by saying "restart schedule".

At another point of my map there's a long distance track between two track marks. Whenever a train runs between those two track marks, all other trains behind cannot "see" the next track mark, saying "no path". I imagine: after teh last update trains which block sections prevent all other trains behind from "seeing" the next track mark. AI trains are no longer waiting for a track to be cleared, they instantly try to turn around or just shut down saying "no path". This is a completely new bug on routes which have been running for years now.

Another issue: changing from surveyor to driving mode, no changes are saved. Trying to leave driving mode leads to the main menu again and all changes in surveyor are lost.

It does seem to be widespread. With regard to your last point, @DragonsEyes (nice name, by the way, but the name autocompleter doesn`t seem to agree), that isn`t a bug. Leaving Driver for the menu **without warning you and giving you a choice**, however, is a serious bug. Feel free to report it.

I'm less inclined to alter anything until I find out if the break in sessions is permanent. I have some very large routes with many drivers and I definitely don't want to change anything until I find out. AutoDrive works well for long distances but what about those areas with lots of junctions? This is the area where the AI starts backing up when it needs to navigate through a yard or terminal. One particular route has a few large passenger stations and some large terminals with complex tracks and I'm afraid the change will be for naught. These areas used to work fine in the previous versions.
I just got a response from the QA team today (4/9/2024) for a report I submitted in January regarding the issue with AI controlled trains not being able to follow the instructions when following closely to another train. (Stopping, reversing direction, and other strange things.). QA responded as follows: "Please retest this issue in the next update, as I believe it has been addressed." This is indeed good news if the issue has been addressed and fixed.

In the meantime, I have selected one of my routes and have used the AutoDrive command extensively. This has minimized the AI issues in this route.

I just got a response from the QA team today (4/9/2024) for a report I submitted in January regarding the issue with AI controlled trains not being able to follow the instructions when following closely to another train. (Stopping, reversing direction, and other strange things.). QA responded as follows: "Please retest this issue in the next update, as I believe it has been addressed." This is indeed good news if the issue has been addressed and fixed.

In the meantime, I have selected one of my routes and have used the AutoDrive command extensively. This has minimized the AI issues in this route.
Thank you very much for the update. Let's hope this is true and the pseudo-AI drivers go back to their normal annoying selves.

Back