Trainz 22+ and route upgrade : problem with tunnels

vincentrh

Here is a simple tunnel (<kuid2:458053:103830:3> Metric Track : tunnel) on a Trainz 22 route (5m grid) :

The same after upgrading the route to HD definition (Trainz 22+) :

I don't know how to supress the white holes that appeared following the process. Any suggestion ?

I find the only thing to do is to place trees and/or large rocks around tunnel entrances. Also - I could be wrong about this - it seems that if you have your tunnel in an exact compass direction, you don't get the same problem. This also seems to be the only way to get a straight tunnel.

This is one of the reasons why I'm sticking with SD . HD seems to create more problems than what it's worth at the moment.
Anyway why would you ever run a track in any direction than N/S or E/W they never thought of that when Trainz was developed
It's been like it for as long as I can remember and now the new upgrade makes it worse .
Tunnels on anything but 90deg have always needed some sort of work a round at the entrance

Good day
I use stones, or a portal, or both.

2024-01-27-071031.jpg

2024-01-27-071150.jpg

Ivo

And here's N3V's answer :
We are aware of some dighole issues with HD terrain. The issue is related to the digholes being set for a 5m or 10m grid. As such, the hole will appear slightly larger for HD Terrain, as it uses smoothing for the edges of the hole.
The dig hole can be hidden by building around it using a few cleverly placed assets. We suggest some larger rocks around the tunnel entrance.

A bit short, isn't it?
And how to do with small turntable, ash pit and so on ?
Paying for something better and ending up with something less is a bit strong!

And here's N3V's answer :
We are aware of some dighole issues with HD terrain. The issue is related to the digholes being set for a 5m or 10m grid. As such, the hole will appear slightly larger for HD Terrain, as it uses smoothing for the edges of the hole.
The dig hole can be hidden by building around it using a few cleverly placed assets. We suggest some larger rocks around the tunnel entrance.

A bit short, isn't it?
And how to do with small turntable, ash pit and so on ?
Just put some cleverly-placed objects in the way to hide the massive ugly hole in the ground. Yeah, that'll fix it. (No snark said here.)

Back