Favorite Locomotives!

Engin sounds

Hi everyone and Merry Xmas from New Zealand.
If you are into good engin sounds then you cant go past New Zealand locos such as NZR DC Class,NZR Red DC,NZTR DC. Now these are neat sounding locos and if I couls change the sound of all my Locos to these loco sounds I would but I dont know hoe to.
Can someone please help me. Thank you:) :) :) :eek: :eek: :( :(

Hi everyone and Merry Xmas from New Zealand.
If you are into good engin sounds then you cant go past New Zealand locos such as NZR DC Class,NZR Red DC,NZTR DC. Now these are neat sounding locos and if I couls change the sound of all my Locos to these loco sounds I would but I dont know hoe to.
Can someone please help me. Thank you:) :) :) :eek: :eek: :( :(

Not sure which version of trainz you're using, but, for example, in 2004, which I'm still using, it's actually quite easy. You just have to change the kuid for the enginesound in the config.txt of the loco.

So, find a loco sound you like from one of your present locos, open the config.txt, find and copy the kuid number for the "engine sound", and then open the config.txt of the loco which you want to change the sound for, and replace the present "engine sound" kuid with the one that you like.

Then it's simply a matter of deleting the cache, restarting trainz, and it should be done.

If you need more info, let me know.

merry christmas

n

Mine are
British:
LNER A3 4472 'The Flying Scotsman'
!Flying%20Scotsman.jpg

Australia:
NSWGR 38 Class '3801'
c38-3801-domburg.jpg

USA:
Southern Pacific GS-4 4449 'The Daylight'
sp4449-cal.jpg

(Note: i take no credit for these pictures which are not mine, i found them through google.)

My favorite locos would be:

First ones would be the SD75I series :udrool:

Second would be the C44-9W's :mop:

And last would be the good ol WC SD45's :D

1 GE UM12C Number 4016 4029 4039 4044 4048

41200_1183639088749_1761413660_376173_733645_n.jpg

I like because It make ROAR* best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5L6oN3KBw

*ROAR Means

–verb (used without object)
to utter a loud, deep cry or howl, as in excitement, distress, or anger.
to laugh loudly or boisterously: to roar at a joke.
to make a loud sound or din, as thunder, cannon, waves, or wind.
to function or move with a loud, deep sound, as a vehicle: The automobile roared away.
to make a loud noise in breathing, as a horse.
–verb (used with object)
to utter or express in a roar: to roar denials.
to bring, put, make, etc., by roaring: to roar oneself hoarse.
–noun
a loud, deep cry or howl, as of an animal or a person: the roar of a lion.
a loud, confused, constant noise or sound; din; clamor: the roar of the surf; the roar of lively conversation from the crowded party.
a loud outburst: a roar of laughter; a roar of approval from the audience.

Last edited:
The N

N460-MJ.jpg

Newest Livery, the Cheeseburger Scheme

N468-MJ.jpg

See the grey at the front, read below
3018158359_22551f1cd3.jpg

With the white stripe
Vline_n_class_train_at_lara_victoria.jpg

V/Line Passenger Mk II
2788.1099291440.jpg

VLP MkI
N452%20VL%20Short%20Line%20Dynon%20051086%20CJN.jpg

V/Line N

The N Class are a diesel locomotive operated by V/Line from 1985. They have formed the core of Victoria's passenger fleet since introduction, and are seen throughout the state. The N Class members are numbered N451 to N475 with all in service, and all but one have been named after rural cities in Victoria. A cab at each end gives the locomotive its distinctive shape, leading to the moniker for the class, "Dog Bones".

The N class originally appeared in the V/Line orange and grey livery, and were named after cities in Victoria, except for N453 which is named after the City of Albury, which is in New South Wales.
The class were repainted into the current red and blue livery from 1995. Most N Class members have received white stripes along the cabfronts, and cowcatchers painted yellow to increase visibility at level crossings in a program started in 2007.
In May 2008 locomotive N468 was repainted into the new V/Line livery of red with grey, white and yellow details. As of September 2008, N460 has also been painted into a variant of the new livery, with extra yellow being applied to the cab in place of the grey. The livery on N468 was modified to match N460 in late 2008. N461 had this livery applied to it in December 2008 as did N466 in February 2009.

I prefer the MkII scheme

Jamie

Last edited:
The North British D600 warship, because to me something about it gives it character, a sad but brilliant character.

prod_29996.jpg

Back