UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

We just received some bad news. Crovans gate works is now closed down and the site will be gone in a few weeks to a month.

bandicam_2024-01-11_20-24-51-756.jpg

It's sad as this is the only site to get the famous Tywyn wharf. So grab it while you can peeps.

Great pics of Foxfield Railway in post #6906 by PLP.

The real Foxfield Railway isn't far from where I live, about 35 miles, but I've never visited! I'll have to go there some time this summer methinks, probably take some of the grandkids!

Nice K&ESR buildings shown in post #6907 by mick1960.

I've visited the K&ESR, many years ago, back in the 1970's. At the time I was under training in the RN at HMS Collingwood in Fareham and my class had a spare week so we arranged to go the K&ESR and do some maintenance for them (one of the classmates was a K&ESR member at the time). I remember that we stayed in a lineside hut somewhere near Rolvenden for a few days. There wasn't much maintenance done, we spent most of the time in the pubs of Tenterden!

Rob.

Last edited:
We just received some bad news. Crovans gate works is now closed down and the site will be gone in a few weeks to a month.

bandicam_2024-01-11_20-24-51-756.jpg

It's sad as this is the only site to get the famous Tywyn wharf. So grab it while you can peeps.
Western has clarified he isn't shutting down the site, just the server, and there will be no more updates to the site.

A post showing some of the new sheds made for Foxfield; as opposed to some of my earlier Sketchup endeavours, these use much higher resolution textures instead of simple solid colours. I think they look much better for it. These have all been shown in some capacity or another but with the removal of rolling stock hopefully these give a better idea of the models themselves.

Kgq9FUo.jpg

jOvdA9p.jpg

OHK2mxO.jpg

89mj2Tz.jpg

roc73rJ.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

A post showing some of the new sheds made for Foxfield; as opposed to some of my earlier Sketchup endeavours, these use much higher resolution textures instead of simple solid colours. I think they look much better for it. These have all been shown in some capacity or another but with the removal of rolling stock hopefully these give a better idea of the models themselves.

Kgq9FUo.jpg

jOvdA9p.jpg

OHK2mxO.jpg

89mj2Tz.jpg

roc73rJ.jpg

Cheers,

PLP
Brill m8 even though the railway is about an hour away sadly I don't have the transports to go there.
But with your route this dream can happen in trainz : D

(If I don't throw my PC against the wall that is lol)

Thanks neville_hill, it's a nice texture and I feel it adds depth - my days of solid colour blocks are behind me so hopefully those who have been hesitant to use Sketchup models in the past may be tempted to look at them now and see that actually they aren't all bad.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks neville_hill, it's a nice texture and I feel it adds depth - my days of solid colour blocks are behind me so hopefully those who have been hesitant to use Sketchup models in the past may be tempted to look at them now and see that actually they aren't all bad.

Cheers,

PLP
For far too long Sketchup has been portrayed as this terrible bogeyman 3D modelling software that will cripple Trainz and drag even the most powerful computers to an absolute standstill. Used correctly it's no worse than any other 3D software and Blender models are by no means immune to being resource hogs if they are poorly made.
The whole guiding principle behind Sketchup was that it should be 3D software simple enough to use that even children should be able to use it successfully. I've tried and failed to understand Blender, but I can use Sketchup with reasonable success so for that reason I applaud what you're achieving PLP.

Thanks Annie, you've hit the nail on the head - for so long it's been taboo but hopefully these models, as well as the recent work of others such as George, show what can be achieved. Thank you for your comments, I'm sure there will be plenty more to come for both Foxfield and the S&D.

Cheers,

PLP

Back