Major Tri State Area Project

I thought it would be nice to switch it up a bit. Some subway action. A crowded R62A 7 train at Court Square station bound for Times Square-42nd street.

In the cab of an R188 7 train at Hunterspoint Avenue subway station. Bound for Flushing-Main street

Hey! Glad to see you using the NYCTA content in your route! Love it! Keep up the good work! If you need help signaling the 7 line, let me know and I will be more than welcome to assist.

-A :wave:

Thank you. I'll let you know when I need some help with the signalling on the subway. Here are some more screenies taking place on the LIRR main line just before Woodside, Queens. Trackage complete from Penn Station to Woodside. I am just about done with the Sunnyside yard.

LIRR diesel action on the Port Washington Branch south of Woodside

A CSX freight train on the LIRR mainline moving towards Woodside

Last edited:
Hello everyone. The Major Tri State Area Project is going on a hiatus for a while due to the fact that 2nd semester of college just begun and I have to focus on college, getting my GPA to be as high as possible and my schedule and workload is now pretty heavy so very little to no progress will be made over the next 3-4 months on this project. Several days ago, an old friend of mine who does not know anything about Trainz simulator had just deleted all of the DEM data that I downloaded for the Tri State Area. I was furious and pissed off but it's my fault for not making multiple backups of the DEM data. Deep down, if I really think about it, it's just DEM data and it can be acquired again via USGS seamless server, so after I thought that through, I then cooled off. I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to re-teach myself everything there is to know about DEM data. Right now, I have all of NYC, Westchester, Dutchess, Putnam, and Fairfield counties, so my goal is to acquire the rest of the DEM data for this project, and once I do that, hopefully I can get this route ready for Trainz: A New Era, when it's released. I am sorry for the slow progress everyone. I know I have been known to start this project over and over again but it is not dead. I would like to make it better, so the more I learn about the various methods of route building, DEM's and surveyor tools, the better. Progress shots very soon everyone.:)

The morning express to Grand Central, approaching 125th street.

1628781342ea25643506a12fa16a635a.jpg

M6's and M8's

So I looked in the thread and I saw that you got the Metro North M6's and M8's from a place called Kurras Railroads. I searched for it because I wanted some M6's and M8's for the route that I am building, and I could not find it. Does it not exist anymore? Thanks in Advance!

Back around 2011 or early 2012, Kurras had a website that had his M6's but I don't think the website exists anymore. Now, if you do a search for drchoi21, his website has the Metro North M2. I created the Metro North M8, along with the help of several Trainz members on the forum. At this moment, I cannot remember if there was a link for the M8, but if you send me your email, I will send you the CDP file for the M8.

Good news everyone. My spring break has arrived so I will be able to work a bit more on the project. I even started working a bit on the Port Jervis line (WOH Metro North/NJT) starting at Suffern using a DEM by Fishlipsatwork. So far things are looking great. Last night, I completed the tracks between the abandoned Park Avenue 59th street station and am in the progress of making a fictional Grand Central Terminal. I'll have pictures up sometime tomorrow or next week.

Thanks Malikthr!
In the intervening time I found a download link for your M8. As for Drchoi's M2's, it says that it is missing the dependency 'Metro North M6 Interior.' Where could I locate that?
Thanks again!

Good news everyone. My spring break has arrived so I will be able to work a bit more on the project. I even started working a bit on the Port Jervis line (WOH Metro North/NJT) starting at Suffern using a DEM by Fishlipsatwork. So far things are looking great. Last night, I completed the tracks between the abandoned Park Avenue 59th street station and am in the progress of making a fictional Grand Central Terminal. I'll have pictures up sometime tomorrow or next week.

I just looked up the abandoned station Park Avenue 59th street station very cool. I really hope one day you finish this project. Keep it up!

Thank you, there are quite a number of interesting abandoned stations and spurs along the Metro North Railroad. This project will take a long time to complete, but I am determined to finish it one day so we can all run trains along the Tri State.

For the Metro North M2, I am not sure where you can locate the interior.

Thank you, there are quite a number of interesting abandoned stations and spurs along the Metro North Railroad. This project will take a long time to complete, but I am determined to finish it one day so we can all run trains along the Tri State.

For the Metro North M2, I am not sure where you can locate the interior.

Maybe in Trainz 2 and in a multiplayer session. :)

Here are some progress shots.

My fictional Grand Central Terminal is almost done. Just have to do some texture work, put in some more walls, small scenery items and a roof.

In the Park Avenue tunnels, at the abandoned 72nd street station.

Back